Thursday 12 September 2013

You Are What You Eat - Healthy Eating and Vitamins For Glowing Skin and Hair


Beauty is not about only using products on the skin, hair and nails. It's also about taking good care of what's going on inside your body, which means taking in a lot of vitamins and minerals, therefore we have to ensure we maintain a healthy diet always! At the end of the day you are what you eat. Here are a few foods that will keep you glowing!


Blueberries

Antioxidants in blueberries are proven to prevent you from premature ageing of the skin.

Walnuts

Walnuts contain a good amount of omega 3 fatty acids, as well as being highly rich in biotin and Vitamin E which protects your hair from damaging.

Salmon

Salmon also contains omega 3 fatty acids and it tends to keep our skin moisturised, smooth and supple.

Oysters

I'm not a fan of oysters, but they are rich in Zinc. A lack of Zinc can cause hair loss! It also can lead to a dry, flaky scalp. Nuts, Beef and Eggs also contain Zinc.

Spinach

I love wide, bright and beautiful eyes! Spinach contains alot of lutein which is supposed to keep your eyes looking gorgeous and sparkly.

Tomatoes

Tomatoes are also a great anti-ageing antioxidant. Not only can you use them in meals, but you can also use them as a DIY facial. I've tried it and the results are fantastic.


Beetroot

Beetroot is particularly high in Vitamin A and it is proven to clear out the skin. This also contains Vitamin E, Magnesium, Calcium and much more. All these are essential for epidermal healing of your body.


Avocado

Avocado is a great source of vitamin E. This really does improve your skin tone and texture, as well as calming down inflammation on the skin.


There are plenty more of other foods that keep your body healthy and skin looking fabulous, this list of food is just a taster of the healthy foods that can really make a difference in your appearance.


WATER WATER WATER!!

We've all heard this rule before. 6-8 glasses of water should be drank daily to ensure our body remains healthy by cleaning out our toxins. This is also very beneficial for the hair,skin and nails. Water is all I drink, I hardly ever drink soda or juice and I get many questions on how I keep my skin clear and spot-free. I just drink plenty and plenty of water every single day and eat as healthy as I possibly can. If you don't like plain water you could try flavoured ones to get into the habit, that's how I started out!

Make-Up may keep us looking gorgeous on the outside, but bear in mind we need to take care of what's going on inside our bodies too! I hope this has helped you and thanks so much for reading.

12 comments:

  1. This is really helpful, the only thing is that it's so hard to stay away from all the junk food *sighs* xx

    adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you, you should take good care of your inside first. Even if the girl has a last YSL foundation, if she's not healthy, it's just gonna be worse in her! Anyway, I love healthy, wish I had a cook chief for every single meals! xx

    www.leenatheunicorn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is really informative, and the photos are really inspiring! xoxox

    Hsquaredblue.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower here.
    I have nominated you for the Liebster Award, check it out on my page I promise it's not spam!!
    http://timelesswordsandpricelesspics.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/liebster-award-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love spinach :) Is very delicious ;)

    I follow you beautiful blog. I hope you will follow me back and I will wait for you in my blog www.gabusiek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tips! Love healthy eating!

    Followed on GFC & Bloglovin' :)

    Xo, Michelle

    mash-elle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The food looks so yummy! Great tips, love your blog :) x

    sleeplesswithsienna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I really appreciate them! Leave your links and I would be happy to have a look.
Thank You xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...