Thursday 30 May 2013

Review: MAC Russian Red Matte Lipstick (with swatch)



Hey! I hope you all have been enjoying your week so far!
In this post I'm just going to be doing a review on my most recently purchased lipstick from MAC, Russian Red. When I brought this I knew instantly that this is the red lipstick I've been searching for. When I first swatched the lipstick on me the colour came out bold and highly pigmented which was exactly what I was looking for.

Here is a picture below of the swatch:


PROS

There are a billion great things about this lipstick. First and foremost, to those of you who are consistently worried about your red lipstick making your teeth appear yellow, you have absolutely nothing to worry about! Russian red is actually a true red which appears so vibrant and pigmented on your lips. And although this may be a matte lipstick, it honestly doesn't dry out your lips at all. It appears so matte and beautiful once applied to the lips without causing them to chap which I love! I know there are other matte lipsticks such as Ruby Woo which can be quite drying on the lips for some people however it's certainly not with this!

Russian Red also lasts a VERY long time. I once applied it on in the morning and wore it for another 6 hours until I had to re-apply again. Long lasting lipsticks are my favourite because I hate when I have to keep on re-applying every now and again, but this lipstick never seems to fail! I know there are some people who wear lipsticks that can relate to having to re-apply after having a drink due to the colour fading out, but this hardly ever happens with Russian Red at all!


CONS

The only thing that causes me problems with this product is that it can sometimes be hard to get it all completely off. Although its also a good sign that it can be really long lasting, but it can be quite annoying sometimes. Other than that, I have no complaints about this fabulous lipstick!


I am so pleased I brought this product, at first I was debating whether to purchase Ruby Woo or Russian Red but I am so glad I went with Russian Red!
I would definitely recommend it to those of you out there who are looking for a gorgeous red matte lipstick or any coloured matte lipstick that is long lasting and that doesn't cause chapped lips. The colour looks bright and fresh all day! However I wouldn't recommend it to you if you don't like drawing too much attention to your lips because Russian Red demands a lot of attention!

Thank you so much for reading this review! Comment below to have your say on what you think of MAC Russian Red lipstick!

1 comment:

  1. this is the perfect shade of red! i also love how it is matte.

    - Janine
    http://theeoptimist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I really appreciate them! Leave your links and I would be happy to have a look.
Thank You xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...